Section I Use of English
Section II Reading Comprehension
Text 1 (In the 2006)
21. insensitivity to fashion
22. shop for their garment more frequently
24.pricing is vital to environment-friendly purchasing
25.criticism of the fast-fashion industry
Text 2 (An old saying)
26. lower their operational costs
27. online advertisers
28. will not benefit consumers
29. DNT may not serve its intended purpose
Text 3 (Now utopia)
31. our faith in science and technology
32. sustained species
33. our immediate future is hard to conceive
34. draw on our experience from the past
35. the ever-bright prospects of mankind
Text 4 (On a five to three)
36. overstepped the authority of federal immigration
37. states’ legitimate role in immigration enforcement
38. stood in favor of the states
39. out weighs that held by the states
40. Justices intended to check the power of the administration
41. These issues all have root causes in human behavior...
42. Despite these factors...
43. However, the numbers are still small...
44. During the late 1990s...
45. The idea is to force social to integrate...
Section III Translation
Section IV Writing
Dear Prof. Smith,
On behalf of Students’ Union, I am writing this letter to invite you to attend the coming speech contest which will be held in Students’ Union Hall on Monday, January 21. It would be a great pleasure to have you with us.
As an internationally acclaimed scholar in English language and culture, your participation will be among the highlights of such a grand occasion. What’s more, since you have been teaching for such a long time that you enjoy a great popularity among all teachers and students, you are deemed the ideal judge for this speech competition.
It would be a great honor if you could accept this invitation. We are looking forward to your favorable early reply.
As is shown above, this simple picture represents a vigorous situation that every graduate student must face: hunting for jobs, further studying, starting a business and going aboard, which one should they choose? Without exception, everyone has to make choices in life, whether they concern school, career, or love. While some choices are simple, one cannot avoid the task of making difficult decisions.
There is sufficient evidence showing that choices are often directly related to one’s happiness. University students, face a hard and crucial decision upon graduating. Many students have difficulty deciding whether to continue studying or begin developing a career. As is known to all, every individual is different, and one must take the factors of one’s personal life into consideration. In addition to an awareness of specific circumstances, however, making the right choice also depends on correct appraisal of oneself.
It is without doubt that in order to choose correctly, therefore, one must be both realistic and self-aware. Furthermore, there is other aspect to be taken into consideration. Once having made a decision, one should seriously accept and pursue the path one has chosen, and strive towards the realization of one’s goal with spirit.